Throughout his career, Jeffrey Chamberlain has held significant roles in both law and engineering, providing clients and colleagues with strategic and results-driven knowledge on intellectual property matters. Furthermore, Jeffrey provides KDW clients with expansive experience in all areas of intellectual property, specializing in patent and trademark procurement, portfolio analysis and development counseling, prosecution, due diligence, litigation, licensing, and product design and development counseling.
In his legal work at KDW and in roles prior, Jeffrey’s work has centered on the following practice areas manufacturing technologies, fluid handling systems, consumer products, lighting and lighting control systems, medical devices, medical imaging systems, semiconductor device fabrication, building products.
His experience includes:
- Domestic and foreign patent and trademark procurement, due diligence, portfolio analysis and strategic portfolio development counseling
- Counseling clients on patent-related issues arising during product design and development
- Representing clients in patent litigations relating to sophisticated technologies
Prior to joining KDW, Jeffrey was a partner at Duane Morris LLP. Before Duane Morris, he was in private practice in New York City at Jones Day and Pennie & Edmonds LLP. Jeffrey acquired nearly a decade of engineering experience while employed at Newport News Shipbuilding, where he was supervisor of nuclear reactor plant fluid systems engineering.
Order of Barristers
Learn more about Jeff by viewing his KDW Lawyer Spotlight.
- Duane Morris LLP, Partner, 2004 - 2010
- Jones Day, Attorney, 2004
- Pennie & Edmonds LLP, Attorney, 2000 - 2004
- Newport News Shipbuilding, Supervising Engineer, 1988 - 1995