Jeff Wilson is a senior principal at KDW with over 30 years of experience as a patent lawyer filing and prosecuting thousands of patent applications with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and abroad. Jeff greatly enjoys working directly with corporations and research universities worldwide allowing for a cooperative, knowledgeable, high-quality and cost-effective work product. His experience includes opinion work, due diligence and litigation counseling, where he has been on Brief with the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC), as well as extensive experience in US and foreign trademark prosecution and portfolio management.
Jeff represents clients in a wide range of industries and technologies, including aircraft and aerospace systems and technologies, complex mechanical and electro-machanical systems, medical devices, MEMS and RF devices, x-ray imaging technologies, software and hardware systems and methods, physics and chemical applications, and computer and internet technologies.
Jeff is a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle (AIPPI), the Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM), the Licensing Executives Society (LES), the North Carolina Bar Association (former Intellectual Property Law Section Council Member), and the Carolina Patent, Trademark and Copyright Law Association (President 1998-1999).
His experience includes:
- Preparing and prosecuting domestic and foreign patent applications relating to the medical device and mechanical arts
- Non-infringement, invalidity and freedom-to-operate analysis and opinions
- Prior art searching and analysis
- Counseling in the area of infringement avoidance
- Jenkins, Wilson, Taylor & Hunt, shareholder 1995-2023
- Hardaway Law Firm, associate 1990-1995